January 30, 2017
Registration is beginning for the Superior Community Preschool Program (SCP 4K). You have the choice of having your child receive 4K services in the Heada Start classroom or through other 4K providers in the community. Regardless of the location you must complete an on-line application specifically for SCP 4K services.
A registration event will be held on February 7, 2017 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the Superior Middle School, 3626 Hammond Ave. The registration event is called the Enrollment Extravaganza.
Please bring the required documents to this event;
- A copy of your child’s immunization record
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate or crib card to be viewed only
You can also register at Head Start during your Parent/Teacher conference that is coming up in February 2017. Your child’s three year old teacher will be calling and scheduling that with you soon.
We strongly encourage you to select the Head Start/4K option so that your child will receive 4K services while attending Head Start. The benefits of this option are
- Transportation is provided to and from the Head Start center.
- Nutritional meals and snacks.
- 4 hours per day of class time provided Monday – Fridday at our Center #1
- 6 hours per day of class time provided Monday – Fridday at our Center #2
- All school supplies are provided.
- A State licensed teacher and two teacher assistants staff every group of 18 children.
- Continued participation in a quality early childhood program that is familiar to you and your child.
To select the Head Start 4K option at the Enrollment Extravaganza, select Head Start Center 1 or 2 on the drop down box when you are applying on-line.