- Site: Head Start Centers in Brule, WI
- These positions are 40 hours per week, M-F.
- Benefit package available; starting rate $9.71 per hour.
- Summers Off!
- If you are interested, please complete our online application by clicking HERE.
- For additional information, please call 715-392-9896,
Amount of Travel Required:
|Determined by Supervisor|
Prepares family style meals using cycle menus for students and employees of Family Forum, Inc. Promote child wellness by providing nutrition services that supplement and complement those of the home and community. (1304.23)
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Prepares food in quantities according to CACFP requirements.
- Prepares food nutritiously using limited amounts of fats, sugars, and salt.
- Serves meals to the classrooms or dining area.
- May be required to sit with the children during meal time.
- Cleans the kitchen area including dishes, work counters, and food storage areas. Sanitize as necessary according to food service requirements.
- Reviews menu and/or plans menu to allow for cultural diversity and seasonal themes.
- Purchase groceries for the program taking advantage of foods in season and local availability. Follows agency approved vendors.
- Order non-food supplies for the kitchen area.
- Directs activities of one or more workers who assist in preparing and delivering meals.
- Keeps up to date information on nutritional issues and obtains knowledge of nutritionally acceptable substitutions as necessary to meet medical, cultural and religious needs.
- Maintains records and accounts.
- Assists in recruiting families.
- Program plans are program policies and are an addition to the employees’ job description. Violations of approved program plans are subject to disciplinary actions.
- In an emergency, staff are expected to stay at their job and not abandon their duties and responsibilities. Staff may be asked to perform other duties for the health and safety of children.
- Assists families in meeting each child’s nutrition needs and in establishing good eating habits that nurture healthy development and promote life-long well-being.
- Comply with state and federal requirements.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Creative – Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Friendly – Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Management Skills – Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Responsible – Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Team Builder – Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
Experience: At least 6 months of experience and sufficient knowledge, training and experience to fulfill the roles and responsibilities of the position.
Certifications & Licenses: 4 hours specifically on kitchen sanitization, nutrition and food handling; Child abuse and neglect and reporting procedures; OSHA; drivers license and vehicle insurance
Other Requirements: The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, operating procedures and maintenance instructions. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
N (Not Applicable): Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally): Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently): Position requires this activity from 33% – 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly): Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
|Stand||F||10 lbs. or less||F|
|Manually Manipulate||F||51-100 lbs.||N|
|Reach Outward||F||Over 100 lbs.||N|
|Reach Above Shoulder||F||
|Climb||F||12 lbs. or less||O|
|Squat or Kneel||O||26-40 lbs.||O|
Other Physical Requirements
- Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level is moderate to loud.
Employee Signature: ______________________________________________ Date:_________________
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.